Claude Müller, MD
Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology of the Musculoskeletal System (FMH)
Faculty and Specialty
Foot and Ankle: operative and non-operative treatment of Foot and Ankle Disorders.
General Orthopedics and Traumatology
German – native
English – fluent
French – fluent
Education, Training and Curriculum
- Co-founder and senior partner „LEONARDO – “Orthopaedic and Traumatology“, since 2014
- Chief ad interim/ Chief deputy Kantonsspital Baselland Bruderholz, Orthopaedic department, (Prof. Dr. N.F. Friederich) 2007 – 2008
- Chief deputy Kantonsspital Baselland Bruderholz, Orthopaedic department (Prof. Dr. N.F. Friederich, Foot Surgery, 2007 – 2014
- Chief deputy Kantonsspital Baselland Bruderholz, Orthopaedic department (Prof. Dr. We. Müller, PD Dr. N.F. Friederich, Foot Surgery, 1998 – 2006
- FMH Orthopaedic Surgery, 1998
- Assistant Chief deputy Kantonsspital Baselland Bruderholz, Orthopaedic department, Policlinic, Handsurgery, Emergency Room 1997 – 1998
- Orthopaedic resident Kantonsspital Basel, Orthopaedic Traumatology Departement A(PD Dr. B. Hintermann), 1997
- Felix Platter-Spital Basel, Orthopädische Klinik (Prof. Dr. W. Dick), 1996
- University of Calgary, Canada Human Performance Laboratory (Prof. Dr. B.M. Nigg, Prof. Dr. W. Herzog) 1996
- Kantonsspital Bruderholz, Orthopaedic Clinic (Prof. Dr. We. Müller) 1992 – 1995
- St. Claraspital Basel, Orthopaedic departement (Dr. B. Dolanc) 1991 – 1992
- Kantonsspital Bruderholz, Surgery (Prof. Dr. P. Waibel; Prof. Dr. A. Huber). During one year care of the vascular consultation hours and the inpatient vascular patients in the function as private assistant of Prof. Dr. P. Waibel. Experience in vascular surgery under the supervision of Prof. Dr. P. Waibel. During one year supervision of the manual consultation hour of Prof. Dr. H. Nigst. Surgical experience in hand surgery under the supervision of Prof. Dr. H. Nigst, 1989 – 1991
- Kantonales Spital Grabs, Surgery (Dr. A. Mebold) 1988
- Universität Basel Dissertation “The effect of external stabilization aids on ankle rotational stability.” 1997
- Universität Basel, State examination at the University of Basel 1985
- Ciba Geigy Basel, Pharmaceutical Division. Work in the Hormone and Receptor Group. Study of chronic potassium exposure under blockade of the renin-angiotensin system in animal models. 1986 – 1987
Other medical activities
- Development and continuation of the project: “Give children a chance“. In cooperation with Dr. hc D. Hueskes, VIETCOT and Green Cross Development and reconstruction aid in Vietnam for disabled children. Since 2004.
- Consultant at the Clinic Therme Selce, Croatia. Since 2003
- Sports medical care American Football “Basilisk Mean Machine” 1993 – 1994
- Determination of the influence of extrinsic foot muscles on the medial longitudinal arch of the human foot during flexion/extension in an in vitro model.
- Determination of the relative abduction-adduction movement of the forefoot versus the hindfoot during the stance phase of the gait cycle, also in an in vitro model.
- Collaboration in the development and evaluation of an animal model for the study of arthrosis.
- Collaboration in the production of teaching materials on the kinematics of the foot.
Contact office foot & ankle surgery
Time: Mon-Wed: 08:00-11:30 and 14:00-16:30Thu&Fri: 08:00-11:30 and 14:00-16:00