Beate Wilmink, MD
Hand Surgery (FMH) General Surgery (FMH and Germany)
Faculty and Specialty
Operative and Non-Operative Treatment of Hand-, Wrist and Elbow Disorders
Treatment of Hand and Wrist Rheumatism and Arthrosis
Joint Replacement of the Fingers and Tendons
Sports Injuries and Fractures
Education, Training and Curriculum
- Consultant and Specialist Handsurgery, Private Practice LEONARDO, Hirslandenklinik Birshof, Münchenstein, Switzerland since 2016
- Consultant Handsurgery Rhönclinic Bad Neustadt/Saale, Germany (Prof. K-J. Prommersberger, Prof. J. van Schoonhoven), 2014 – 2016
- Resident/Consultant Department of Hand-, Plastic- and Reconstructive Surgery University Hospital Basel, Switzerland (Prof. D. J. Schaefer), 2013 – 2014
- Resident/Consultant Handsurgery, Department of orthopedic surgery and traumatology of the musculoskeletal system, Cantonal Hospital Baselland, Bruderholz, Switzerland (Dr. R. Fricker, Prof. N. Friederich), 2011 – 2013
- Resident General Surgery and Traumatology, Cantonal Hospital Aarau, Switzerland (Prof. R. Schlumpf, Prof. W.R. Marti, Prof. P. Stierli, Prof. N. Renner), 2008 – 2011
- Resident General Surgery and Traumatology, Cantonal Hospital Baselland, Bruderholz, Switzerland (Prof. A. Huber), 2004 – 2008
- Final medical exam, 2004
Swiss Medical Association (FMH)
Association of Swiss Assistant and Senior Consultants (VSAO)
Swiss Association for Handsurgery ( SGH)
Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand (FESSH)
Swiss College of Surgeons (SCS)
German Association for Surgery (DGCH)
Wilmink B, Heitzmann W, Prommersberger KJ: 56. Annual Congress DGH, Ludwigsburg, Germany 2015: Influence of continuous cooling on postoperative swelling after wrist surgery: first results (German).
Wilmink B, Eisenbarth I, Fricker R: Endoscopic fasciotomy in chronic exertional compartment syndrome of the forearm caused by heavy manual work – a case report. GMS German Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery 2016, Vol. 6, ISSN 2193-7052.
Schleh A, Gohritz A, Wilmink B, Friden J, Schaefer DJ: Technical Tipp: Side-to-Side tenson suture as escape plan during extensor indicis tenson plasty in distal extensor pollicis longus rupture. GMS German Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery 2015, Vol. 5, ISSN 2193-7052.
Wilmink B, Durband M, Marti WR: A Strange Gut Feeling: Case Report of intestinal malformation in an adult. Swiss Knife, Special Edition, 97. Annual Congress SGC , Interlaken 2010.
Wilmink B, Kocher M, Huber A: Recurrent Rupture of the urinary bladder: leaving the beaten track in differential diagnosis of the acute abdomen. Swiss Knife, Special Edition, 95. Annual Congress SGC, Basel 2008.
Wilmink B, Kocher M, Huber A: Intestinal-Air-Trapping: A Case Report of Pneumatosis Cystoides Intestinalis in an aged woman with hypothyroidism. Swiss Knife, Special Edition, 94. Annual Congress SGC, Lausanne 2007.
Wilmink B, Abdel-Latif A, Huber A:
Gorham-Stout-Syndrome of the Right Upper Thorax: A Case Report and Follow-up of 10 years. Swiss Knife, Special Edition, 93. Annual Congress SGC, Lugano 2006.
Gama de Abreu M, Wilmink B, Hubler M, Koch T: Vaporized perfluorohexane attenuates ventilator-induced lung injury in isolated, perfused rabbit lungs. Anesthesiology. 2005 Mar; 102(3):597-605.